Q: What is my coaching approach?
I follow The Gottman Method for couples coaching and mix it with accountability and the motivational tools that I use as a coach. My Approach includes a thorough assessment of the couples relationship and integrates research-based interventions based on the Sound Relationship House Theory (the foundation of the Gottman Method).
The following is a brief outline of what’s included in the process. Everything we share is completely private. I will help you learn and practice the skills you need to improve your relationship. I do not take sides. This is not a blame game where one partner is “wrong”.
- Assessment. I meet with the couple together initially and then individually to gather information about their relationship. I then provide the couple with detailed feedback on their relationship and an action plan for moving forward.
- The tailored path forward is created collaboratively. We decide together what pace the couple would like to work at and what will be required to keep the plan on track.
- We will work on building a healthy coaching relationship, an effective conflict management style and creating shared meaning (joint vision). ??These three things will help couples create a positive outlook and interactions in the partnership.
- Couples learn to repair past hurts.
- Relapse prevention is addressed as well.
I use this approach because it is based on decades of research performed by the Gottmans where many approaches still end in either the relationship ending or it continuing without improvement. Contact me to book a discovery session and see if we are a good fit to work together.
Subscribe to our Newsletter.
More details about the Gottman method here https://www.gottman.com/about/the-gottman-method/
More details about the Coactive coaching here https://coactive.com/about/what-is-coactive/